In this video I show you a fundamental upper body strength exercise that can help maximize clubhead acceleration.
PUSH-UP: 1-3 sets of 10-15 reps.
Form Cues: Plank Position
– Feet parallel (2nd toe pointing forward)
– Toes, knees and hips in alignment
– Pelvis neutral (no anterior pelvic tilt)
– Neural Spine (drawing-in maneuver or bracing if necessary)
– Neutral cervical spine (Chin-tucked & head back)
– Scapula “down” (no elevation)
– Scapula protract during concentric phase and retract during eccentric phase.
Stability Progressions: You can progress this exercise by making your body unstable, but doing this can exaggerate compensation patterns correlated with dysfunction so corrective interventions should precede stability training.
PUSH-UP ON ONE LEG: 1-3 sets of 5-8 reps on each leg.
PUSH-UP TO SINGLE ARM BALANCE AND ROTATION: 1-3 sets of 5-8 reps on each arm.
Does your game need more distance but you’re worried about strength training?
Being outdriven never feels good. But strength training comes with risks and how do you make it specific to golf?
The Trainfuly Golf Fitness Program is a safe and effective way to increase the speed and accuracy of your swing. It consists of 20 follow-along routines that can be played anywhere and from any device.
It even has a schedule, so there’s absolutely nothing to think about. Just hit play and follow-along.
Trainfuly Golf Fitness Program: https://trainfuly.com
In good health,